Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekend fishing Trip Update

On Saturday I went to Douglas Reservoir which is close enough to Wellington to be a frequent one for.  was skunked on catching any fish, but I was able to see several large fish that got quite close to me.  Trying streamers was fun, but the fish didn't seem to do the last bit and hit them only follow them all the way in.

The Poudre is clear and fishing nice today.  I went a very short way up to by the ouzel campground and was taking in a lot of rainbows.  I also snagged some nice brown trout.
This fish was my first nice catch of the day.  In only 5 hours I caught 10 fish, with a lot being small rainbows, but when they keep bitting you can't help but be happy and focused on being on the river.  There was a lot of other people around today and Quite a few regular fisherman.

On my last spot at the double dip in a nice long riffle/run area I caught the best fish of the day.
Looking very nice!!

This weekend of short trips was just what I needed to relax and spend some time on fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment