Thursday, July 28, 2011

So every once in a while fate says You Win!

When purchasing a new vehicle there is always the fun of shopping and testing and negotiating, etc....  But then there are the dreaded used car questions of;
does it start?
been wrecked?
How many owners, miles, kids..?


And my personal favorite right know
does it pass emissions?

Nobody cares if it pollutes or is in good running order, only that it will pass the minimum requiremments to pass a layer of human bureaucracy.  This question is more pronounced in importance as the price of the vehicle your shopping for goes down.

Anyway I was at the DMV earlier after my successful purchase of a new ride.  Well upon using my wonderful researchy interweb skills I found that I got screwed on my last car.  Since they(DMV) had me do an emissions test for my car.

Well the figure below clearly indicates my residence (8806) is at the green arrow above the gasoline and diesel emissions zone and since I drive gas cars I don't require the test.  Bo-Yah to the man!


When presented with this picture when getting plates there was some consternation as to the my bluntness as to being exempt.  Also the poor guy the owns one house south of me (20ft) is not exempt?  what is up with that?  It is as if we live in a society that is run by arbitrary rules and regulations.  At least this time i came out on the upside.

No comments:

Post a Comment